In Chandigarh, Divine IAS Academy offers PCS Coaching. While covering the syllabus, we at Divine IAS Academy always use novel learning methodologies and unique preparation approaches. We also supply our students with study materials such as books, test series, practise sets, current affairs notes, daily assignments, and so on. We continuously strive to assist our students in making their aspirations a reality. Divine IAS Academy is a well-known PCS (Provincial Civil Services) study institute in Chandigarh that offers PCS Coaching. Our knowledgeable staff encourages young hopefuls to advance in their careers and assists them in doing so. We provide candidates with a variety of training options, including decision-making skills, analytical reasoning, personal development, and so on.
STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION is taught in distinct batches at PCS Coaching in Chandigarh. We offer PCS preparation for the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) and the Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC), Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, U.P, MP, Bihar, M.P., Jharkhand, Rajasthan etc in both English and Hindi medium.
We also provide a separate set of notes for all these states and provide special test series too.As a result of giving various study materials for various state PCS exams, we have established ourselves as the top PCS coaching in Chandigarh. Divine IAS Academy is currently focussing on Online Classes, e-notes, and Online test series for both IAS and PCS exam in English and Hindi to assist students during this lockdown period due to COVID-19 (coronavirus). We do more than just prepare you for tests; we strive to make you a “Enlightened” (conscious and confident) individual.
PCS COACHING IN CHANDIGARH SYLLABUS AND PATTERN
- Both the papers will be of objective type multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of each paper for the preliminary examination will be two hours.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The question paper would be bilingual and shall be printed in English (Roma script) and Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) except for questions where candidates’ proficiency in a language is to be tested.
- The standard of questions would be to test the knowledge as is expected of a person whose graduation level.
- The Preliminary Examination is only a screening test for selecting candidates who would be eligible to take the Main Examination and the marks obtained in this Examination shall towards the merit of the candidates arrived at after the Main Examination.
- All papers shall be descriptive in nature and the duration of each paper will be three hours.
- The main competitive examination shall include seven compulsory papers.
- Candidates will have the choice of taking all of the papers in Punjabi or English, with the exception of the language papers.
- Candidates who choose to answer Papers in Punjabi may, in addition to the Punjabi version, provide an English translation within brackets containing just the technical terminology, if any.
|Punjabi||In Gurumukhi Script – Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)|
|English Compulsory||(of 10+2 standard)|
|General Studies Paper-I||(History, Geography and Society)|
|General Studies Paper-II||(Indian Constitution & Polity, Governance and International Relations)|
|General Studies Paper-III||(Economy, Statistics and Security Issues)|
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PCS EXAM-2021
Because the world is progressing at a rapid pace, so are people’s brains. As a result, the vast majority of them are now pursuing a job in the civil service by taking the relevant examinations and enrolling in PCS training in Chandigarh. Similarly to the other civil service examinations, there is another one called the PCS, which is also known as the Provincial Civil Service or state public services commission (different in each state), and is an administrative civil service in the executive branch of the government of states that is honoured under the group-A of the state service. In the desirable status of the place, this post also serves as a feeder service for the Indian Administrative Service. A large number of people are interested in taking this test because it is one of the most prestigious examinations conducted by the Indian government.
What is the PCS course?
The PCS course is a preparation course for the Provincial Civil Services, which is taken by a significant number of people in order to obtain specific roles such as sub-divisional, divisional, district, and state by the revenue administration, which is responsible for the enforcement of laws and orders. Exams are the most difficult of all, hence students should enrol in classes from the best PCS coaching in Chandigarh. The Department of Appointment and Personnel of the State government is in charge of the major cadre overseeing service. It follows a new and unique format that comprises a preliminary exam followed by the main exam, which is not simple because, under the new rules, the preliminary exam now involves negative grading and a more modular approach with the main examination. People who want to take the exam should have a legal residence in their respective state, a bachelor’s degree from a reputable university, and they can prepare for the exam in any stream
What is the age limit for the PCS exam?
In addition to the number of PCS coaching centres, educational institutions must consider the age of students before admitting them, as the age limit for this examination varies by category; for example, the general category is liable to take the exam from the age of twenty-one to thirty years of age, whereas the SC/ST category has a five-year age limit relaxation in comparison to the general category. Punjab has a maximum age of 38 years, while Haryana has a maximum age of 40 years.
How many attempts are there for PCS?
To take the exam, one needs enrol in a PCS institute in Chandigarh, which would assist them in passing the exam in one sitting. A person can take this exam as many times as they like until they reach the maximum age set by the each state public service commission, which is four times for general category students. Students in the SC/ST category, on the other hand, can take the examination for as long as they want until they reach the age of 35.
How much study is required for PCS?
To prepare for this test, one should enrol in the best institute and study for six to seven hours a day, so that the syllabus and additional notes and study material can be completed completely. As a result, the student is likely to repeat the process five to six times more, consuming a significant amount of time in a single day. This approach must be coordinated with a brief fifteen to twenty minute break in between, which will revitalise the student and prevent him or her from studying for long periods of time.
- Age Criteria for PCS Exam 2021
- Educational Qualification for Appearing in PCS Exam 2021
- The candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Police Service (IPS), for other services, a candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India,
- or a subject of Nepal,
- or a subject of Bhutan,
- or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
- or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam are African countries with the purpose of permanently settling in India. A candidate belonging to categories (c), (d), (e), and (f) must be a person in whose favour the Government of India has issued a certificate of eligibility.
Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (c), (d) (e) and (f) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service
Age Criteria for PCS Exam 2021
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age as on 1st Jan 2020.
Educational Qualification for Appearing in PCS Coaching in Chandigarh 2021
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or institution is required of the candidate. While pursuing his degree, the candidate may be eligible to sit the Preliminary Competitive Examination. However, in order to be eligible to sit the Main Competitive Examination that year, the candidate must show proof of passing the degree course. Candidates must have completed matriculation or an equivalent standard in Punjabi as of the closing date for application submission, which is October 8, 2012.
- The candidate’s age must be between 21 and 37 years old, with several exclusions for restricted groups as per government guidelines: – However, starting of January 1, 2012, an applicant for the Punjab Police Service must be at least twenty-one years old and no older than twenty-eight years old.
- Candidates from Punjab’s Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes, on the other hand, can have their age reduced by up to five years, according to Punjab Government Instructions, which include the Punjab Police Service.
- Government employees in Punjab, other states, and the federal government will be able to work until they are 47 years old. Provided, however, that a candidate for the Punjab Police Service/Punjab Prison Services must have obtained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have reached the age of 27 years on the first day of the year.
- Provided, however, that individuals from Punjab’s Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes are allowed to apply for Deputy Superintendent of Police positions with a 5-year age limit, as per Punjab Government Instructions.
- The upper age restriction for a Punjab Government employee, including a court official, who has worked for the government for at least four years would be relaxed up to 45 years.
- For Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab, the upper age limit stipulated above shall be relaxed up to a maximum of five years.
- Widows, divorcees, and certain other groups of Punjabi women would have their maximum age restriction relaxed to 40 years. For Schedules, the above-mentioned age limit will be relaxed up to a maximum of five years.
- Castes and Scheduled Tribes of all States and Backward Classes of Punjab.
- Age relaxation in upper age limit is up to 10 years for the disabled persons of Punjab.
- Reading comprehension; Punjabi and English language comprehension, grammar and sentence formation antonyms and synonyms,
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability
- Basic numerical skills; numbers, numerical relation appreciation, magnitudes, percentages
- Data analysis; charts, tables, spreadsheets, Graphic presentations
An ex-serviceman of Punjab domicile may subtract the duration of his service in the Union Armed Forces from his real age, provided that the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age restriction set for direct appointment to such a position in the Service Rules relevant by more than three years.
Punjab PCS Syllabus 2021 & Exam Pattern of PPSC & Punjab Public Service Commission Civil services
The Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC), which was established under Article 315 of the Indian Constitution, is an independent and impartial constitutional authority tasked with carrying out the duties and functions delegated to it by Article 320 of the Constitution. Furthermore, the Commission is required to advise the State Government on all matters relating to the framing of Recruitment and Promotion Rules, principles to be followed in making appointments, promotion and transfer from one service to another, and disciplinary matters affecting Civil Servants under the provisions of the relevant Acts. The Commission now conducts direct recruitment for Class-I and Class-II positions in various departments.
Every year, the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) conducts a state Civil Service examination. Its headquarters are in Patiala, Punjab. Exams such as A.R.O (Assistant Review Officer), R.O. (Review Officer), A.P.S, UP Nyayic seva, and others are held by the Punjab Public Service Commission board. Punjab Public Service Commission (PPCS) Patiala, Baradari Garden, Patiala, and Punjab State, India is the address for the PPSC Board. 147001 is the pin code.